If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided on the Contact Us page.
What personal information do we collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information You Provide Voluntarily to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
- Information that is submitted via the Sites or otherwise supplied to us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our Site, posting material, or requesting further information about our Site. This will include your name and contact information.
- We may also ask you for information which could identify you when you report a problem with our Site.
- Personal information contained in your correspondence with us regarding the Site (such as e-mail, log files and screenshots).
- Information relating to transactions or trades you carry out through the Site.
Information We Collect Automatically.
As you navigate through and interact with the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns.. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the users of our Site, where they come from, and what content / functionality on our Site is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site to our users. Examples of this information include:
- Details of your use of the Sites, including website related traffic data, location data, logs, age, gender, market segment (e.g., proprietary trader or bank trader), interests (e.g., what exchanges and products you trade), and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites.
- We will also collect data related to your use of the Site when you are conducting trading activities such as billing information, trader IDs, and statistical and other aggregated data derived from your use of Site.
- Information about your device, computer and network connection, including your IP address, operating system, hardware version, device settings, battery and signal strength, and browser type.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations (e.g., country), such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, language and time zone, and mobile phone number.
- Data about your network connection, the equipment and software you use to access our Site, and usage details.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including your broker or futures commission merchant or an exchange), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include your name and trading identification and we use the information we receive from these third parties to allow you to use our services and maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you.
We advertise in a number of ways, including online through managed social media presences, and on other unaffiliated sites and mobile applications. To understand how our advertising campaigns are performing, we may collect certain information via our Site through our advertising service providers. We or our vendors use several common online tracking tools to collect information about our users, such as browser cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. The information we collect includes IP addresses, the number of page visits, pages viewed via our Sites, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other websites following your visit to one of our Sites or applications, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the websites and applications where we advertise. We do not permit third parties to advertise on our Site.
We also use certain information to:
- Identify new visitors to our Site;
- Recognize returning visitors;
- Analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements;
- Better understand our audience, customers, or other Site visitors; and
Controlling Our Tracking Tools.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so, however, depends on your browser and the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject all browser cookies. If you configure your computer to block all cookies, you may disrupt certain web page features, and limit the functionality we can provide when you visit or use our Site. If you block or delete cookies, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with MintCFD information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you (or your company) and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites.
- To provide you with support services.
- To estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- To store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- To improve your use of the Site.
- To recognize you when you return to our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- We may also use your information to contact you about MintCFD services that may be of interest to you.